MICO : the flush mount USB waterproof microphone from ORELIA
ORELIA has developed a quite innovative waterproof microphone : the MICO
To our knowledge, MICO is the only microphone to feature these three characteristics:
- USB (for connecting audio and for power supply)
- Waterproof (IP67) and impact resistant
- Boundary and flush mount (into tabletops, ceilings or any flat surface)
In addition, MICO has the following characteristics:
- Flat frequency response,
- Up to 48 kHz sampling rate (you can choose between 8kHz, 11.025kHz, 16kHz, 22.05kHz, 32kHz, 44.1kHz and 48kHz).
- Resolution : 16 bits (90 dB dynamic range),
- Excellent sensitivity: -52 dB at 1000 Hz,
- Contact closure (we use it to send a signal after frequency analysis ans pattern recognition) : normally open, Max voltage=350V, Max current=120mA.
- Dimensions : 86 mm length, 26 mm for drilled diameter
- Weight : app. 350 g
- Material : brass
- USB audio class device : compliant with Windows, Linux and MacOS (codec PCM2912A)
- Consumption : 500 mW in operation at 44,1kHz.
MICO is plug and play with any computer with USB, is compliant with all Windows, MAC and Linux OS's and work with every sound recording and editing software such as Audacity.
Different views of waterproof microphone MICO and two examples of flush mounting on full waterproof casing